Why Partner with The RIDGE Project?
We Are Stronger Together!
Since our founding, The RIDGE Project has been dedicated to improving the lives of individuals and struggling families throughout the state of Ohio, by empowering generational responsibility. We believe that generational responsibility, the foundational belief that our responsible actions today will directly and positively influence the generations of tomorrow, is a defining thread that runs through the fabric of our society.
We know that strong partnerships create increased opportunity to positively impact our world. Our organization has achieved remarkable outcomes in the past 15 years. Now, we have the ability to take our successful model for social and generational change, and scale it in a way that allows us to impact every community across the country. We have reached this potential by integrating tomorrow’s technology into our programs today.
Ridge has partnered with a group of the world’s preeminent leaders in innovative scaling programs, to develop the TYRO Digital Platform (TDP), which enables integrated case management, program delivery, and partner collaboration. TDP is designed to be adopted by similar-minded partners to deliver services, case management, and out-come assessment. Partners can deliver services that align with their core competencies and actively contribute to the co-creation, integration, and evolution of the platform. Through increased partnerships, alliances, cutting edge technology, and collaborative initiatives, we can leverage our strengths with those of others to restore the American Dream.
Join The RIDGE Project in achieving greater client impact & transforming your community! Include us in your Grant Application!
- TYRO was created and is based on the Tijerina family’s personal experience with welfare and incarceration. It is comprised of three components:
- TYRO Dads - designed to combat the root issues inherent in destructive or self-serving behavior patterns, through cognitive restructuring and positive role-modeling
- Couple Communication® - focuses on strengthening relationships. This program also helps TYROs manage other relationships in their lives, such as those with employers
- TYRO Job Ethics Training (JET) - teaches TYROs how to be successful at work, and provides crossover skills designed to make them valuable employees
- Workforce Development – workforce employability training, employability skills training and placement
- TYRO Digital Platform (TDP) – The TYRO Digital Platform is a smart technology.
- Real time analytics
- Unparalleled gap filling content to support clients between face-to-face encounters
- Pro-social community interaction through TYRO Alumni Communities (TAC)
Our TYRO Program Suite empowers generational responsibility within individuals and families by:
• Inspiring responsible choices within our youth
• Developing positive character traits within individuals, fathers and families
• Teaching and fostering effective communication skills within relationships
• Promoting responsible parenting
• Attacking the culture of entitlement and the prisons of poverty
• Engaging individuals via digital content, which also supports intensive case management, data tracking, and evaluation
• Connecting clients to ongoing support and accountability networks of alumni to ensure permanent success
• Actively seeking collaborative partnerships with churches, schools, community and faith-based organizations, and state and national agencies
These actions have broad fiscal implications relating to family stabilization, increased health, tax revenues and decreased welfare dependence, among others. By laying a solid path for future generations, and with an ongoing commitment from the stakeholders in this endeavor, we can leverage our existing framework to build a sustainable and replicable initiative that has the power to impact our entire state, nation, and world. The American Dream is still attainable; it is time to revive it, restore it, and relive it.
Employment and Economic Self-Sufficiency
From October 2011 through March 2014, at least 270 fathers obtained employment after completing TYRO Dads.Wages ranged from $7.50 to $37.50 per hourThe mean (average) wage was $13.14 per hourThe median wage was $11 per hourJob Retention for this group of TYRO Dads completers:
- 30-day job retention rate: 84%
- 60-day job retention rate: 77%
- 90-day job retention rate: 71%
If 70% of the 270 TYROs employed retain their jobs full-time for one year, at $13.14 per hour, they will earn approximately $5 million annually.
Responsible Parenting & Healthy Marriage
A comparison of before-program and after-program survey responses from October 2012 through September 2013 reveals that:
- 98.9% of TYRO Dads participants and 97.5% of Couples Communication participants improved in at least one responsible parenting or healthy marriage category
- 66% of TYRO Dads participants improved their parenting knowledge/skills
- 65% of TYRO Dads participants increased the amount of contact they have with their children
- 64% of TYRO Dads participants reported increased commitment to family financial responsibility
- 55% of TYRO Dads participants and 50% of Couples Communication participants improved the quality of their relationship with their spouse/partner
Post-test survey results (at program conclusion):
- 97% of TYRO Dads participants reported a strong to very strong* commitment to fatherhood
- 90% of TYRO Dads participants and 89% of Couples Communication participants reported a strong to very strong feeling* of hopefulness for the future
- 86% of Couples Communication participants who were married reported a strong or very strong* commitment to marriage
- 78% of Couples Communication participants who were unmarried reported a strong or very strong* commitment to the stability of their relationship with their unmarried partner
- 79% of all Couples Communication participants reported a positive or very positive attitude toward marriage* *As indicated by a score of at least 4 or higher on a scale of 1 to 5 (with 5 being most desirable)
Class evaluation results:
97% of those who completed class evaluations from April through September 2013 would highly recommend the program to others.
Here are some of the evaluative results we are seeing through the work the RIDGE Project is accomplishing!
Click to download a report on our porgrams conducted by Baylor University (4.30.2014)
Click to download our ROI Report (9.06.2013).
Click to download our Evaluation Report (1.25.2011).
Click to download our Participant Comments or Case Statement.
How to Become a Partner
For more information or to become a partner, please contact:
Tim Snoke, Director of Development
Phone: (419) 278-0092
The RIDGE Project
J169 State Route 65
McClure, Ohio 43534-9740