What is couple communication?
COUPLE COMMUNICATION™ is the most researched, relationship-education program available. More than 70 independent studies, many at major universities throughout the United States, document its effectiveness in helping partners learn skills and increase relationship satisfaction. More than 700,000 couples around the world have participated in COUPLE COMMUNICATION™, and the program has been translated into over a dozen different languages. The curriculum has yielded outstanding results in both married and unmarried populations.
How will it help me serve others?
COUPLE COMMUNICATION™ has received awards for its development from:
COUPLE COMMUNICATION™ is a great tool for pre-marriage preparation, marriage education, or counseling. It was developed to help couples enjoy each other more, make mutually satisfying decisions, reduce tensions, resolve differences, and increase intimacy as they share their lives together.
COUPLE COMMUNICATION™ I teaches participants how to:
- Care for Themselves and Their Partner Better
- Spot and Change Breakdowns in Communication
- Expand Self and Partner Awareness About Important Issues
- Speak Clearly and Constructively Using Six Talking Skills
- Listen Accurately with Five Listening Skills
- Deal with Personal and Relational Concerns More Effectively
COUPLE COMMUNICATION™ II builds upon the skills learned in the first course and teaches participants how to:
- Enjoy a Collaborative Operating System
- Make More Satisfying Decisions as a Couple
- Manage Their Own Anger Better
- Respond to Their Partner’s Anger More Effectively
- Align Their Values, Goals, and Plans as a Partnership
- Strengthen Their Relationship
SPECIAL BONUS: In addition to the COUPLE COMMUNICATION™ programs, you will also be authorized to instruct the CORE COMMUNICATION™ program.
CORE COMMUNICATION™ is a great tool for singles or personal coaching. The curriculum teaches the same valuable communication skills to people for use in areas other than with their significant other. CORE COMMUNICATION™ enhances participants’ knowledge and skill in communication empowering them to:
- Develop Greater Choice in How They Relate to Others
- Talk and Listen More Effectively
- Make Better Decisions
- Resolve Issues and Conflict Better – Both Inside Themselves and With Others
- Coach or Facilitate Others in Resolving Issues or Conflicts
These skills and the increased interpersonal competence will allow participants to create more satisfying relationships by expanding their options for meeting and handling personal challenges. This has been proven to lower levels of stress and improve productivity when a task involves other people.
Additionally, participants will be better personally and professionally at:
Both programs are designed to be delivered in either group or private settings and over multiple weeks or in a 2-day workshop. Professional instructors charge an average of:
- $80/private session for couples or individuals. Materials not included.
- $50/session for group classes per couple (or individual for CORE). Materials not included.
- $300 per couple (or individual for CORE) for an intensive 2-day training. Material may be included.
Many churches and other ministries offer COUPLE COMMUNICATION™ at low or no cost. You are free to set the pricing for your facilitation of the program, as it will be dictated by the work that you are trying to accomplish and your target audience.
Two trainings for the price of one
Completing the 2-day Instructor Training authorizes you to instruct BOTH the COUPLE and CORE COMMUNICATION™ programs. You will have the choice to receive EITHER a COUPLE COMMUNICATION instructor manual or a CORE COMMUNICATION instructor manual as part of your training. If you want to teach both programs, you will simply need to purchase the other manual as well.
The training covers:
- Teaching/Coaching Methods
- 7 Ingredients of a Collaborative Marriage
- Communication Styles™ – Maps to Identify the 4 Styles of Talking and 4 Styles of Listening
- How to Identify and Take Inventory of Current Issues
- The Awareness Wheel™ – a Tool to Map the Experience of an Issue or Situation
- 6 Talking Skills to Connect in a Clear and Constructive Way
- The Listening Cycle™ Map – a Tool to Increase Effectiveness in Listening for Understanding
- 5 Productive Listening Skills for Tuning in Accurately
- Mapping Issues – a 9 Step Process for Making Decisions and Resolving Conflicts Collaboratively
- The Process for Managing Anger
- How to Respond to Anger
- How to Bring Alignment in Relationships
- Application of Your Learning in Real Situations Between Sessions
- Feedback on Your Use of the Skills
This training is ideal for:
- Certified Counselors
- Life Coaches Licensed
- Marriage & Family Therapists
- Clinical Social Workers
- Pastoral Counselors
- College/University/Seminary Educators in Marriage Preparation, Marriage and Family Therapy, and Pastoral Care
- Leader Couples Who Teach or Mentor Couples in Congregations
The next training is being held on September 19 & 20, 2017.
Prefer to attend a CORE COMMUNICATION™ instructor training instead? You will still be authorized to instructor COUPLE COMMUNICATION™. Click HERE for more info on our next available training for CORE COMMUNICATION™ instructors.
Two Ways to Participate:
1. In Person – Attend the training live at our corporate office in McClure, OH. Doors will open at 8:30 AM (EST) each morning. Training will begin promptly at 9:00 AM (EST) and conclude at 4:30 PM (EST) both days. Lunch and refreshments provided.
2. Live Stream – Participate in the live training via the internet from the comfort of your home or office. Training will begin promptly at 9:00 AM (EST) and conclude at 4:30 PM (EST) both days.
Materials included with training:
*See registration page for detailed list of materials included for those focusing on CORE COMMUNICATION™
- COUPLE COMMUNICATION™ I Instructor Manual - $65 value
- COUPLE COMMUNICATION™ I Couple Pack - $39.95 value
- COUPLE COMMUNICATION™ II Couple Pack - $37 value
- COUPLE COMMUNICATION™ II Instructor Agenda - $30 value
- CORE COMMUNICATION™ Workbook - $24 value
- SPECIAL BONUS #2: ThriveSphere™ Online Facilitator Training - $85 value
ThriveSphere™ is an advanced computer visualization that allows couples to “see” how they relate. It provides a visual reflection of the relationship and displays the views of each partner and reveals how those views interconnect. The system provides you with an easy-to-use process and tool that ignites communication, collaboration, and transformation. The patented system incorporates neuroscience and the modern science of complex adaptive systems and is only available through trained facilitators.
Registration Cost: $497
Have questions? Interested in group registration and billing?
Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
The RIDGE Project
J169 State Route 65
McClure, OH 43534
Our region is served by:
Detroit Metro Airport – DTW (88 miles)
Toledo Express Airport – TOL (28 miles)
1544 E. Wooster Street
Bowling Green, Ohio 43402
142 Campbell Hill Road
Bowling Green, Ohio 43402
2150 E. Wooster Street
Bowling Green, Ohio 43402
Google Maps and some other GPS programs have our location incorrectly marked. If you are using a smart phone use "Hope School" for your destination, as our facility is in this former school building. We are located approximately 5 miles south of McClure. For more information please call (419) 278-0097.
Our facility has plenty of secure, private parking that is free of charge.